Wings Over Kenya
Day 1 – Nairobi: Emakoko Lodge
- On arrival at Jomo Kenyatta International Airport in the afternoon you will be met as you leave the aircraft by our representative who will assist you with Fast Track immigration, baggage collection and customs formalities and escort you to your driver from Emakoko who will drive you to Emakoko Lodge.
- Dinner and Overnight at Emakoko Lodge.
- Arrangements include :- game drive enroute to Emakoko, dinner and breakfast soft drinks, beer, non-premium wine, internet access and limited laundry.
- The Emakoko is a family owned and run lodge. Emma and Anthony Childs have run lodges in some of the wildest and most beautiful parts of Kenya. They have finally returned home to manage a lodge which is the best of both worlds – bush and city all in one! They look forward to welcoming you either as a first-time visitor or as a returning friend.
- The Lodge is situated on 15 acres of land bordering the National Park, a twenty-bed luxury lodge artfully built into the side of a valley on the Mbagathi River, which borders the Nairobi National Park. Entrance to it is through the park, which is an ideal way to escape the Nairobi traffic Great care has been taken to incorporate the beautiful fig trees which grow on the cliff where the lodge is situated. All rooms look straight over the river and into the Park.
- The lodge itself is a mere 25- minute game drive from all important locations – Jomo Kenyatta International Airport, Wilson Airport and all the main city attractions. It is the location that makes The Emakoko so special, the National Park provides a buffer between civilization and the Lodge and yet everything is still within easy reach.
Day 2 – Nairobi: Emakoko Lodge
- Today you can go on a game drive in Nairobi National Park , visit Daphne Sheldrick and Giraffe Centre (entrance fees to be paid directly by clients for these visits)
- Overnight at Emakoko on full board basis.
- Arrangements include: game drive Daphne Sheldrick and Giraffe Centre visits, dinner and breakfast soft drinks, beer, non-premium wine, internet access and limited laundry.
Day 3 – Chyulu: Ol Donyo Lodge
- Early Breakfast.
- Transfer to Wilson Airport for your scheduled flight to Chyulu
- Nairobi/Chyulu 07h30/08h20 – Luggage allowance is strictly 15kgs per person in soft bags – this aircraft maybe be routed via Tsavo and Amboseli)
- On arrival at the airstrip, you will be met and transferred to the beautiful Ol Donyo Lodge – pool room
- Arrangements include:- all meals, soft drinks, beers, house wine, limited laundry, game drives – day and night, guided walks, horse rides, Transfers to Maasai cultural visits.
On arrival at the airstrip, you will be met and transferred to the beautiful Ol Donyo Lodge – pool room
- Arrangements include: all meals, soft drinks, beers, house wine, limited laundry, game drives – day and night, guided walks, horse rides, Transfers to Maasai cultural visits.
Ol Donyo Lodge Ol
Donyo Lodge consists of ten expansive guest suites in six stand-alone villas. No two are the same design – each suite and villa is designed and positioned slightly differently but all have a dramatic view of the plains and Mt. Kilimanjaro in the distance.
The décor is luxurious and opulent, while still retaining the atmosphere and sense of place that is an essential ingredient of an outstanding bush lodge. The design is contemporary and yet traditional.
Each suite has a rooftop “star-bed” accessed from the verandah via a winding stone staircase. The “star-beds” are a fabulous sleep-out option, with utter privacy and all the amenities of the suite just below.
Each suite has a lounge, verandah, indoor and outdoor showers, double washbasins, flush toilet and bath. All but two of the suites have have their own private pool(s).
Also of note:
- Sensibly, morning game activities do not normally commence until after breakfast (say leave the lodge at 07.15) which makes for more of a holiday than the endurance test of the seemingly obligatory 05.30 rise and on the road at 06.00. Why? Do you really see so much more in that hour between 06.00 and 07.00?
- Off road game viewing.
- Optional sleep outs on the roof.
- Guests can plan their day choosing from a wide range of guided activities such as game drives in open 4×4 Land Rovers, walking safaris, horse riding, hiking in the mountain range or cultural exposure to traditional Maasai customs.
Day 4 – Chyulu Hills: Ol Donyo Lodge
- A full day of gentle activities at Ol Donyo which you can take at your own pace and take time to recover from jetlag and ease into the African climate and Mother Nature’s lifestyle.
- All meals (waiter service), drinks (except premium and vintage brands) and activities are included in the price.
- Activities can include game drives, game walks and meals and sundowners in surprise locations in the bush.
- Overnight at Ol Donyo Lodge in a pool room
Day 5 – Chyulu/Nairobi/Maasai Mara: Mahali Mzuri
- After breakfast, transfer to the Airstrip for your scheduled flight from Chyulu Hills to Nairobi and catch your connecting scheduled flight to Maasai Mara
- Chyulu Hills/Wilson Airport 08h3009h50 (Luggage allowance is strictly 15 kgs per person in soft bags)
- Wilson Airport/Maasai Mara 10h00/11h00 (Luggage allowance is strictly 15 kgs per person in soft bags)
- On arrival you are met by your driver guide and transferred to your camp
- Overnight at Mahali Mzuri on full board basis.
Arrangements include: full board accommodation, soft drinks, local spirits and house wine, conservancy for Motorogi/Olare Orok, airstrip transfers, 2 shared game drives per day, star gazing, swimming pool, visit to local markets, limited laundry
The camp is located in the Motorogi Conservancy in the northern region of the famous Maasai Mara ecosystem and is perched on the side of a lush valley with views over the rolling plains. Together the Motorogi and Olare Orok Conservancies cover roughly 13,500 hectares (33,000 acres) and there are strict limits on the number of guests that can stay at any one time in these areas.
The 12 luxury tented suites caters for a maximum of 24 guests at any one time. Ten of the suites can be configured as doubles or with twin beds and two of the suites are designed to accommodate up to two additional guests on fold out sofa beds. Each tented suite will sit on a raised platform and include a spacious bedroom with an en-suite bathroom, sitting area and a terrace with views over the landscape – perfect for spotting the game that walk by.
Activities include two game drives daily and guided walks throughout the Motorogi and Olare Orok Conservancies where you’ll spot a diverse range of game.
We’ve got lots of activities to keep you busy or to help you relax! Unwind by our infinity pool or pamper yourself with a spa treatment. If you’re looking for more adventure take one of our guided tours to the local villages to learn more about the Maasai Tribe, or plan a visit to the Maasai Mara National Reserve.
Day 6 & 7 – Maasai Mara: Mahali Mzuri
- Full day of activities including game drives and game
- Overnights at Mahali Mzuri on full board basis
Day 8 – Maasai Mara: Mombasa– Kinondo Kwetu
- Morning activities
- Lunch (time permitting or carry picnic lunch boxes)
- Transfer to Mara North Airstrip for your scheduled flight to Mombasa
- Mara/Mombasa 13h45/16h30
- On arrival, you will be met by Kinondo Kwetu vehicle for your transfer to your hotel
- Overnight at Kinondo Kwetu on full board basis – Family Unit
- Arrangments include: full board accommodation, soft drinks, beer, house wines, non-luxury spirits, Yoga platform, tennis, excursions to Kinondo Kwetu village, wood fired sauna, canoeing, kayaking, snorkeling equipment, one padi dive try-out lesson in the pool for 1 person, wireless internet, limited laundry
Kinondo Kwetu is a small, all-inclusive luxury resort owned and operated by us, a Swedish family and situated on the south coast of Kenya, 1 ½ hours ride south from Mombasa, on the beach of the Indian Ocean. With room for no more than 38 guests, you will always find your own private spot at Kinondo Kwetu, which makes it a very special hideaway for honeymooners. It is also the ideal spot for corporate retreats. On the grounds, you find two pools, one of them with a depth that allows training for PADI diving certificate, three horses, and, from February 2008, a tennis court. Kinondo Kwetu’s dhow and outriggers are out on the water, waiting to take you sailing.
Every room and cottage has its own personalized character, as it is furnished and decorated with Swahili culture handicraft and antiquities. All double rooms are equipped with king size beds and all rooms with fans and mosquito nets.
There are plenty of quite, beautiful spots where you can retire to spend time with yourself or in company, in the library or in one of the living rooms. Or outside, in one of the water towers, where you can watch the sun set over the mountains, on a cliff by the sea or in any of the secluded spots you find in the area.
Activities in short:
Scuba diving, PADI Snorkeling, Sailing, Kite surf, Deep sea fishing, Horseback riding (only for experienced riders), Tennis, Golf, Safari, Excursions.
- Mama Taa Villa: 6 suites – 3 upstairs and 3 downstairs
- Cottages: Shimba, Twiga, Songoro - 3 en suite double cottages with king size beds and ensuite bathrooms (no extra beds)
- Mbuyu: 1 double bedroom connecting to a single room (shared bathroom)
- Ubani “beachhouse”: 1 double storey cottage upstairs is one en-suite double bedroom with private entrance and downstairs one en-suite double and single bedroom with connecting doors. Upstairs and downstairs can be sold separately
- Mama Tina Villa (children only): 1 en-suite double room and 2 single rooms queen size beds, shared bathroom.
Day 9 & 10 – Mombasa South Coast: Kinondo Kwetu
- Days enjoying activites offered by Kinondo Kwetu
- Overnight at Kinondo Kwetu on full board basis – Family Unit
Day 11 – Depart
- Checkout by 10h00
- Transfer to Ukunda Airstrip or Moi International Airport for your onward flight (flight price NOT included in the package price)
WINGS OVER KENYA SAFARI – PRICES IN US$
Departure any day – Minimum 2 persons
|2014 / 15 VALIDITY
Per person sharing
Single room supplement
|JAN 05 – MAR 31, 2014
OCT 20 – NOV 20 2014
|JUL 01 – OCT 19, 2014
DEC 20 2014 – JAN 04, 2015
|NOV 21 – DEC 19 2014||
*** The price will be re-quoted when seasons overlap.
*** Christmas Supplement Kinondo Kwetu : 21 Dec – 4 Jan 2015 – 117.00 per person per night
*** N.B. Kinondo Kwetu is closed from 01 Apr- 30 Jun 2014
Ol Donyo: full board accommodation, limited laundry, return airstrip transfers, non-alcoholic beverages, game drives in 4×4 vehicles, guided bush walks, night drives, hiking, horseback riding, mountain biking sleeping under African night sky on private star beds.
Mahali Mzuri: full board accommodation, soft drinks, local spirits and house wine, conservancy for Motorogi/Olare Orok, airstrip transfers, 2 shared game drives per day, star gazing, swimming pool, visit to local markets, limited laundry
N.B.LUGGAGE ALLOWANCE is strictly 15kgs per person in soft bags (preferably duffle bags) inclusive of hand luggage on domestic and certain regional flight.
Please note: Prices and dates are subject to change at any time. Please call (647) 231-0067 or email us (email@example.com) for current pricing.